Thursday, June 23, 2011

Part 2 Spicy Panko Breaded Chicken

The chicken turned out great! I didn't use as much cayenne pepper as I normally do because my grandma came over for dinner. I didn't want to burn her 80+ year old tongue!
I served some cheese and crackers and olives while they waited for the chicken to be done. On the plate below there is dilled Havarti, Gorgonzola, Boursin, Herbed Goat Cheese, and the red one is some British cheese--I can't remember what it is but I do know it's awesome!


Onto the rest of the recipe!
Combine approximately 2 cups of panko (maybe more--I don't measure) with the following ingredients:
1/2 tsp salt--or more depending whether or not you like salt like me (and my entire family)
1 1/2 tsp season salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper (or as much as you want)
1 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1/8 tsp cayenne (I usually bumped this up to 1/4 tsp--the flavor combined with the garlic in the marinade is delicious!)
1 1/2 tsp paprika

Take chicken breasts out of the buttermilk marinade and shake off excess buttermilk. Place in bowl with panko. Press panko all over chicken breast until completely covered.
Place breaded chicken breasts on cooking sheet. I place the chicken on a cookie cooling wrack thingy (I know, the wording is so exact) and then put that on the cookie sheet (see picture below).

Stick in the oven at 375. Check the chicken after 35 minutes--if it's done, remove it and eat it. If it's not done, stick it back in the oven for 10 minutes at a time.

Here is the finished product!

As I said yesterday we served this with mashed red, yellow and purple potatoes and turnips. Olivier made these and they were DIVINE!

Because we had a cucumber in our CSA this week I decided to make a cool cucumber salad.
Recipe follow:
1/2 c sour cream
2T fresh lemon juice + 1/2 tsp vinegar
2T fresh dill (chopped)
Mix together and add 1 1/2 cucumbers peeled and sliced
Let sit 1 hour (minimum) so the mixture can absorb all those flavors

ENJOY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment